Italian Law on Privacy
Data Privacy Release
On the basis of Italian legislative decree n. 196 dated 30 June 2003 (hereinafter the “Privacy Code”), containing provisions concerning the protection of personal data, RILA, as the data controller, is required to issue instructions in relation to the use of the personal data of its students. The processing will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency together with the protection of the individual’s privacy and rights.
1. Source of the personal data — The personal data in the possession of RILA has been obtained from the individual to which such personal data refers (hereinafter the “data subject”).
2. Categories of data subject to processing — For the purposes indicated below, RILA processes personal data, such as, for example: name; address or other personal identification elements and information concerning the level of education. RILA, furthermore, in the course of its activity, can also process sensitive data including, as an example, information that would permit the disclosure of the ethnic origin of the student, information relative to a handicap or health problem (allergies, etc.). It is to be noted that on the basis of article 4 of the Privacy Code, this data is “the personal data allowing the disclosure of racial or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or other beliefs, political opinions, membership of parties, trade unions, associations or organizations of religious, philosophical, political or trade-unionist character, as well as personal data disclosing health and sex life”.
3. Purpose and method of processing — The personal data in the possession of RILA is processed for purposes relating to the programming and carrying out of its academic activity. With regard to the aforesaid purposes, the processing of personal data is done utilizing instruments of a manual, electronic or automated nature, in accordance with a logic strictly related to the aforesaid purposes and, in all events, in such a way as to guarantee the security and privacy of the data in question.
4. Data Controller and data processor — The data controller for the personal data covered by this information is RILA.
5. Sphere of communication of the personal data and those who can become aware of the same — For the purposes indicated under point 3 above, RILA may communicate the personal data to insurance and social security entities, the American or Italian public administration. (i.e. If one of our students suffers of a severe form of allergy and needs to be hospitalized while in Italy we will inform the hospital’s staff about that allergy).
6. Nature of the conferring of personal data and the consequences of a refusal to reply — With regard to the aforesaid purposes, the processing and the communication of your personal data do not require consent in those cases in which the processing and the communication are necessary to fulfill the obligations deriving from a contract or imposed by the law, by regulations or by EU legislation. With regard to the other purposes, the conferring of personal data is optional; however, refusal to provide the same will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will determine the related consequences which will be connected to the importance of the data requested vis à vis the management of the relationship with the student.
7. Rights of the data subject — Finally, we inform you that the provisions concerning the protection of personal data allow the data subject to exercise specific rights towards the data controller, on the basis of article 7 of the legislative decree n. 196/2003.
Agreement to the processing of personal data
The undersigned (name and surname) having examined the information provided by RILA on the basis of article13 of the legislative decree n. 196/2003 and the rights recognized under article 7 of the aforesaid decree:
– Gives his/her consent for the processing of the sensitive data required to undertake the operations indicated in the information.
– Gives his/her consent to the communication of his/her personal data for the reasons indicated and to the subjects indicated in the information and for the transfer of his/her personal data abroad to the subjects indicated in paragraph 5 of the information.